Buckingham County Administration’s Office of Emergency Management will be placing into service an additional staffed ambulance for the duration of the COVID-19 growth and peak pandemic phases. This ambulance will be staffed by basic life support personnel, stationed at the Glenmore Rescue Squad station.
While this additional staffing is being put into service in anticipation of an excessive call volume due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we urge Buckingham citizens to only call 911 for true emergencies.
Remember that the most effective means of protecting yourself and those around you are;
• Hand and surface hygiene to include washing your hands
• Social distancing (6 feet or more)
• Avoiding close contact with groups of ten or more
• Avoiding touching your face,
• Avoiding others who are sick
• Respecting Virginia’s STAY HOME ORDER
We also encourage you to remain up to date on COVID-19 information by visiting the following websites:
• VDH COVID-19 website: www.vdh.virginia.gov/coronavirus
• CDC Coronavirus Disease 2019 website: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/
• Contact the VDH Call Center at 1-877 ASK VDH3.